TWO QUICK REMINDERS AND SEVERAL TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES AT TRENT
DEUX PETITS RAPPELS ET QUELQUES COURS À ENSEIGNER À TRENT
From the Editor / Un mot du rédacteur
Two quick reminders:
1—AGM 2012, London ON: three useful links: (i) to the main page; (ii) to register on line; (iii) to download the programme.
2—There are still several days left for your students to submit their application for the Desmond Conacher Scholarship.
Deux petits rappels:
1—Trois liens utiles pour vous préparer au congrès de la SCÉC: (i) vers la page d'accueil ; (ii) pour vous inscrire en ligne ; (iii) pour télécharger le programme.
2—Il reste encore quelques jours à vos étudiants pour soumettre leur candidature à la bourse Desmond Conacher.
From: Kathy Axcell
TRENT UNIVERSITY: INDIVIDUAL COURSE STIPENDS FOR 2012/13
The Department of Ancient History and Classics invites applications for individual course stipends for the 2012-13 academic year. These courses cannot be combined into a full-time position, but it may be possible for a single instructor to teach more than one course, to a maximum total of 1.5 credits between September and April.
Peterborough campus, full year (Sept. 2012-Apr. 2013):
• AHCL-ANTH 2200Y: Introduction to Classical Art & Archaeology (1.0 credit)
Peterborough campus, fall term (Sept.-Dec. 2012):
• AHCL-WMST 2310H: Women in the Greek World (0.5 credit)
• AHCL 3410H: The Agony, the Ecstasy, & the Ancient Athlete (0.5 credit)
• LATN 1000H: Elementary Latin I (0.5 credit)
• 0.5 credit in ancient Mediterranean history/civilization, either AHCL 3101H: Ancient Warfare or AHCL 3120H: Late Roman Empire, depending on the ability of the chosen candidate.
Peterborough campus, winter term (Jan.-Apr. 2013):
• AHCL-WMST 2320H: Women in the Roman World (0.5 credit)
• AHCL 3110H: Hellenistic Age (0.5 credit)
Oshawa campus, fall term (Sept.-Dec. 2012):
• first half of AHCL 1000Y: Trojan War (0.5 credit)
Oshawa campus, winter term (Jan.-Apr. 2013):
• second half of AHCL 1000Y: Trojan War (0.5 credit)
For more details on each stipend, minimum qualifications, and instructions for applying, please follow this link. All appointments are subject to budgetary approval.
Applications must be received in electronic format by 4:00 p.m. EST on April 30, 2012.
Trent University is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive campus community and encourages applications from qualified candidates from the following groups: women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.